Life as a New Parent in Chicago and Northbrook, IL
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Now that you've calmed down some from the initial excitement, it's time to focus on the most important thing here: your health and the baby's health. Prenatal care can help keep you and your baby healthy. Prenatal care is the health care you get while you are pregnant. Here are five benefits of newborn prenatal care.
1. Your health depends on it. And when we say “your health” we mean the both of you. Babies of moms who don't get prenatal care are more likely to have a low birth weight than those born to moms who do get care. Your visits with your doctor will detect any potential health concerns, such as gestational diabetes or anemia– which can be treated when caught early.
2. Get accurate nutritional information. A healthy lifestyle is always important – but when you're pregnant, it's that much more vital. Your physician will give you specific information about your recommended dietary intake during your pregnancy. Your diet may have to go through some changes in order to meet the needs of your baby.
3. Get the screening tests you need. Prenatal screening tests are done to determine whether a baby is likely to have specific birth defects. A prenatal screening test can only provide your risk that a particular condition exists. Most of these tests are noninvasive. These tests are usually performed during the first and second trimesters.
4. Keep track of your baby’s development. By having regular visits with your doctor, you will know how your baby's doing and how his or her growth and development is progressing. The speed of your baby’s growth can be a significant indicator of how he or she is doing inside your womb.
5. Get your questions answered.
Your prenatal visits offer you the chance to discuss your concerns with your doctor. Some things should be avoided during your pregnancy. These include tobacco, alcohol, certain foods, too much caffeine, recreational drugs, as well as certain activities. Talk to your doctor to find out more about what you may need to steer clear of. Don't take any medications unless you have discussed them with your doctor.
Call Children's Healthcare Associates at (773) - 348 - 8300! now to schedule a prenatal visit in Chicago, IL. Seeing a pediatrician in Chicago, IL is among the best ways you can help protect your baby's health and well-being. Be assured that our staff will provide you and your baby with the best care possible.